The Operations Director role is a re-scoped role in order to contain it to a more manageable commitment. LIM has always had a Director, but we feel that programme development deserves particular attention at this time. The Operations Director will therefore be responsible for the delivery of the programme.
- Supervising the delivery of an online and in person programme by managing a planning cycle to time and on budget.
- Ensuring processes are in place to support the implementation of events.
- Ensuring the appropriate policies are in place to secure the health and safety of events.
- Sharing hosting of events with team.
- Supervising the recruitment, training and management of event volunteers (by the Events Manager).
- Line management of the Events Manager (a part time contractor)
What we’re looking for
- Knowledge of the Insight meditation tradition, London Insight Meditation and a commitment to personal practice.
- Some experience in operational management (ideally, but not necessarily, in a charity environment that relies on volunteers) and comfortable in a leadership role.
- Experience managing contractors and other suppliers.
- Willingness to collaborate as part of a decentralised team managing LIM’s programming, marketing, IT support, finance, etc.
For further information about the role and how to apply, please download and read the Director role description (PDF).