IT Trustee for London Insight Meditation
London Insight Meditation is seeking to elect an IT trustee to the board. The organisation runs a yearly series of events, primarily day retreats and courses, which support teachings and meditation practice within the Insight tradition. Since Covid-19 we have offered our events online and plan to continue to offer some events online in the future
As our IT trustee, you will join the existing board members in setting LIM’s strategic direction for IT, providing effective leadership and governance and ensuring that LIM complies with its obligations as a charity. You will work in partnership with a strong team to achieve LIM’s vision, goals and strategy.
- Provide direction on the role of information technology at London Insight and help build and implement this vision.
- Highlight the opportunities and the risks of current and potential technologies in terms of our strategy.
- Translate the risks and opportunities for other trustees, to enable the board as a whole to engage in an informed way.
- Advise on best practices around data management and security.
- A successful track record in IT.
- Demonstrable and practical experience of delivering change to business technologies and processes.
- Experience of WordPress, Google Workspace and other digital services.
- Ability to work as part of a team and willingness to take collective responsibility for the governance of our charity.
- Strong communicator.
- Ability to analyse risks and opportunities, and take a balanced approach to both.
We are interested in candidates with a high level of commitment, integrity, an ability to think strategically and problem-solve, sound judgment and an ability to work as part of a team. You should be committed to the values articulated in the Dhamma teachings and the vision and goals of LIM.
We are very keen to increase the diversity of the trustee group. We are truly committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and we actively welcome applications from individuals across the diverse communities we aspire to serve.
One day per month, including around 6 weekend meetings a year (attendance can be in person or online).
Application is by CV and covering letter, outlining the knowledge and skills you would bring to the position of trustee, as well as your motivations for applying. The closing date for written applications is 31st August 2021. Following receipt of written applications, we will arrange interviews with successful candidates.
Email Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!